NRG Launches Simplified Renewables Program For Businesses, Without PPA
October 18, 2018 Email This Story Copyright 2010-17 EnergyChoiceMatters.com
Reporting by Paul Ring • firstname.lastname@example.org
The following story is brought free of charge to readers byEC Infosystems, the exclusive EDI provider of EnergyChoiceMatters.com
NRG Energy, Inc. announced the availability of "Renewable Select," which NRG said simplifies the renewables procurement process and makes it easier for businesses to choose renewable energy.
On its website, NRG describes Renewable Select as, "a solar solution as accessible as traditional energy and customized to meet your business goals."
"The plan transforms the lengthy and complex traditional energy procurement process into a cost competitive, easy to execute transaction," NRG said
NRG said that Renewable Select delivers to customers:
• A standard contract with straightforward terms, no need to sign a power purchase agreement (PPA)
• Renewable energy procured in the amount desired, no large commitments required
• A simplified corporate approval process, no lengthy 20-year contracts
• A single, consolidated bill, no juggling multiple bills by electricity source
• The ability to point to the physical location where the customer's renewable electricity is produced and even the opportunity to receive naming rights
"The plan breaks down and removes the barriers that typically impede the procurement of wind and solar energy, such as untenable contract sizes or lengths, difficult building logistics or complex financial transactions," NRG said
NRG's Renewable Select website says of the program, "You no longer need to rely on RECs. Your business receives solar production straight from the source..."