Reliant Offering Google Home Hub With Free Weekends Plan
Reliant Said To Be First U.S. Energy Company Using Google Assistant Developer Tools To Visually Display Personalized Energy Information
January 14, 2019 Email This Story Copyright 2010-19 EnergyChoiceMatters.com
Reporting by Paul Ring • firstname.lastname@example.org
The following story is brought free of charge to readers byEC Infosystems, the exclusive EDI provider of EnergyChoiceMatters.com
Reliant has begun offering a Google Home Hub to residential customers in Texas as part of Reliant's Truly Free Weekends plan
Google Home Hub is described as, "a new smart display with the Google Assistant."
There is no charge in addition to the plan's rate for the Google Home Hub, which is valued at $149
In addition, Reliant customers can now sync their account to the smart display, giving them a whole new way of interacting with and managing their electricity use through voice commands and the Hub’s 7-inch screen.
Reliant said that it is, "the first energy company in the U.S. using Google’s Assistant developer tools to create visual displays that provide personalized energy information."
"By joining forces with Google, our customers now have access to the newest digital technology that not only provides an energy management solution, but also helps simplify their lives," said Elizabeth Killinger, president of Reliant and NRG Retail. "Our team has been hard at work creating commands and an interface that work seamlessly with the Google Home Hub to provide customized information about their energy use and Reliant account. We’re excited to offer our customers best-in-class service in a new and convenient way."
Reliant noted that some of the personal commands for energy efficiency and information include the following:
• Keep an eye on your electricity use with a customized weekly snapshot by saying "Hey Google, ask Reliant, how much electricity am I using?" You’ll even get an estimate of your expected weekly electricity charges.
• Manage your Reliant account by asking simple questions like "Hey Google, ask Reliant, how much is my bill?" Customers can also learn more about their electricity plan with questions such as, "Hey Google, ask Reliant, when does my plan expire?" or "Hey Google, ask Reliant, when does my Free Weekend start?" You can also set a reminder for Google to notify you automatically when your free weekend begins.
• Control the temperature of your home with a Nest thermostat, which seamlessly connects to the Google Home Hub, with simple commands like "Hey Google, make it warmer."
• Create personalized daily routines, just say "Hey Google, good morning," to launch reminders, weather and commute updates. You can also unwind with your evening routine, just say "Hey Google, good night" to set the thermostat, turn off lights and much more.
• Get help at a glance, enjoy entertainment and more when you ask Google Home Hub questions. Tell it to do things. Play music. Watch videos. Get the latest on weather, traffic, sports, local businesses and more.
"Reliant and Google inked a partner agreement for 2019, positioning Reliant as the premier retail electricity provider of Google Home and Nest products in Texas. This powerful collaboration allows Reliant to offer a compelling new suite of electricity plans paired with a full range of the latest smart home innovations from Google and Nest," Reliant said
In the CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric service area, Reliant's Truly Free Weekends 12 plan, which includes a Google Home Hub, is an indexed product that has an average all-in rate at 1,000 kWh usage of 14.8¢ per kWh. This reflects a weekday energy charge of 16.8783¢ per kWh, weekday TDU charges of 4.1165¢ per kWh, a month TDU charge of $5.47, and 0¢/kWh energy and TDU charges for weekend periods, defined as 8 p.m. Friday to 12 a.m. Monday.