Texas PUC Sets Costs Assigned To Individual Retail Providers For Provision Of Low-Income Sync List
August 30, 2019 Email This Story Copyright 2010-19 EnergyChoiceMatters.com
Reporting by Paul Ring • firstname.lastname@example.org
The following story is brought free of charge to readers byEC Infosystems, the exclusive EDI provider of EnergyChoiceMatters.com
The Public Utility Commission of Texas adopted an order setting the specific individual amounts which will be allocated to individual retail electric providers for provision of the low-income customer identification service for the State fiscal year beginning on September 1, 2019 (FY2020).
The PUCT adopted a Staff proposal for such allocation without modification
Staff had said that 28 REPs and Entergy Texas filed requests for the low-income customer list in Project 49604 prior to July 31, 2019.
Staff had said that, "In total, these twenty-eight REPs represent 99% of the low-income customers served by REPs that requested the list from the previous year."
The cost for providing the matching process is $60,000 annually. TXU and NRG each agreed to contribute $20,000 each towards the cost of the annual matching process.
The final $20,000 will be split evenly among the remaining REPs and Entergy Texas.
The specific allocation amounts were set as follows:
• Acacia Energy: $1,000
• Ambit Energy: $1,000
• Amigo Energy: $1,000
• Champion Energy: $1,000
• CPL Retail Energy, LP: $1,000
• CPL Retail Energy, LP 1100: $1,000
• Direct Energy, LP $1,000
• Direct Energy, LP 1400: $1,000
• Entergy Texas, Inc: $1,000
• First Choice Power, LLC: $1,000
• First Choice Power-AMS: $1,000
• Frontier Utilities, LLC: $1,000
• Gexa Energy, LP: $1,000
• Hello Energy: $1,000
• IGS Energy: $1,000
• Just Energy: $1,000
• NEC Co-op Energy: $1,000
• Smart Prepaid Electric: $1,000
• Tara Energy Smart Prepaid Electric: $1,000
• WTU Retail Energy, LP: $1,000
• Vistra Energy Retail (TXU Energy Retail Company, LLC, 4Change Energy, Express Energy, Trieagle Energy): $20,000
• NRG Retail - Everything Energy, LLC: $4,000
• NRG Retail - Green Mountain Energy Company: $4,000
• NRG Retail - Reliant Energy Retail Services, LLC: $4,000