FirstEnergy, Soon To Be Solely Regulated Utilities, Intends To Provide Customers, "With More Than Electricity, Including New Products And Services That Make Their Lives Easier, Brighter And More Secure"
FirstEnergy Notes That, "Our Utility Companies Enjoy Strong Name Recognition"
November 8, 2019 Email This Story Copyright 2010-19 EnergyChoiceMatters.com
Reporting by Paul Ring • email@example.com
The following story is brought free of charge to readers byEC Infosystems, the exclusive EDI provider of EnergyChoiceMatters.com
FirstEnergy Corp., which will soon shed its competitive retail and wholesale generation businesses once a FirstEnergy Solutions bankruptcy proceeding is complete, has released a Strategic Plan which articulates the company's vision for the next five years.
"It includes the company's approach to the rapid changes in the electric utility industry fueled by evolving customer expectations, emerging technologies and a lower-carbon economy," the company said
The plan outlines key initiatives related to the company's core values, including, among other things, the following:
• "Providing customers with reliable electricity and innovative programs, products and services"
• "Fostering a culture of innovation and embracing forward-thinking perspectives and emerging technologies"
• "Leveraging teamwork to create thoughtful, innovative solutions that bring value to customers"
To accomplish this comprehensive plan, FirstEnergy said that it will work to achieve key goals over the next five years by, among other things:
• "Evolving with our customers by implementing emerging technologies"
• "Providing our customers with more than electricity, including new products and services that make their lives easier, brighter and more secure"
• "Working with regulators and policymakers to enhance the customer experience through innovative rate design and incentives for continuing economic development in our service area"
"We’re engaged in new business efforts and are well-positioned to offer valuable products and services that help customers save energy and money. Our utility companies enjoy strong name recognition and a long-standing presence in the communities they serve. As a result, customers view us as a trusted source for energy-saving products and services. Industry studies show customers are receptive to buying value-added products and services from their electric utility. These offerings bring comfort, convenience, security and productivity to their lives and businesses. Our offerings include surge suppression plans, electrician services, and protection and repair plans that are uniquely positioned in the marketplace and aligned with
our customers’ needs. Our customers’ evolving
preferences will continue to drive the development
of additional product and service offerings," the company said
"Our understanding of our customers will help us innovate the products they need, and our power grid will evolve based on a new philosophy: embracing
disruptive technologies that deliver new growth
opportunities to help expand our customer
relationships," the company said