FirstEnergy, Parent Of Broker, Announces CEO Transition
September 15, 2022
Email This Story
Copyright 2010-21 EnergyChoiceMatters.com
Reporting by Paul Ring • email@example.com
The following story is brought free of charge to readers by EC Infosystems, the exclusive EDI provider of EnergyChoiceMatters.com
FirstEnergy Corp., which owns broker FirstEnergy Advisors and which has stated a vision to offer to customers various innovative energy services, today announced that John W. Somerhalder II, chair of the FirstEnergy Board of Directors, has been named interim president and chief executive officer (CEO), effective September 16, 2022.
Somerhalder's appointment follows Steven E. Strah's decision to retire as president and CEO of FirstEnergy and as a member of the Board of Directors.
Somerhalder will continue to serve as chair of the FirstEnergy Board
The FirstEnergy Board will commence a search of external candidates to identify a permanent CEO. The Board of Directors has completed its previously announced management review, FirstEnergy said
Somerhalder has served as chair of the Board since May 2022, and previously served as vice chair and executive director of the company from March 2021 to May 2022.
Prior to joining FirstEnergy, Somerhalder served as interim president and chief executive officer of CenterPoint Energy, Inc.
Email This Story
Somerhalder also served as interim president and chief executive officer of Colonial Pipeline Company and as president and chief executive officer of AGL Resources Inc.
NEW Jobs on RetailEnergyJobs.com:
• NEW! -- Marketing Associate - Retail Supplier
• NEW! -- Supervisor-Commercial Operations
• NEW! -- Customer Data Specialist
• NEW! -- Director, Regulatory Affairs, Retail Supplier
• NEW! -- Account Manager Project Manager
• NEW! -- Retail Energy Policy Analyst
• NEW! -- Incentive Specialists
• NEW! -- Utility Rates Specialist
• NEW! -- Customer Onboarding Specialist
• NEW! -- Energy Performance Engineer
• Controller for C&I-only Retail Electricity Supplier
• Senior Retail Transportation Analyst (Gas Transport Services)
Copyright 2010-22 Energy Choice Matters. If you wish to share this story, please
email or post the website link; unauthorized copying, retransmission, or republication