Several Communities Launching State's First Opt-Out Municipal Aggregation Program, Supplier Named
September 22, 2022
Email This Story
Copyright 2010-21 EnergyChoiceMatters.com
Reporting by Paul Ring • firstname.lastname@example.org
The following story is brought free of charge to readers by EC Infosystems, the exclusive EDI provider of EnergyChoiceMatters.com
Six Rhode Island cities and towns have joined together to launch opt-out municipal aggregation programs
Also known as Community Electricity Aggregation (CEA), these new programs are set to launch in May 2023, and include the communities of Barrington, Central Falls, Newport, Portsmouth, Providence and South Kingstown. The communities collectively represent over 100,000 eligible electricity users.
The combined load of the programs equal roughly 15% of the State’s electric utility (RI Energy f/k/a National Grid)
After a competitive bidding process, the group selected NextEra Energy Services, LLC as its electricity supplier. Final pricing will be announced about two months in advance of the launch, in March 2023.
"The primary electricity offering in each CEA program will exceed State renewable energy standards while maintaining focus on competitive pricing," said Good Energy, which serves as a consultant for the programs
The standard (default) offering will have 10 percentage points more renewable content than the state minimum
Optional plans under the CEA program include system power, 50% renewable, and 100% renewable.
"The municipalities have committed to sourcing their renewable energy from within New England. This will include specific Rhode Island-based projects such as solar power facilities built on brownfields in North Providence and Johnston, as well as wind turbines located in Providence, Coventry and Narragansett," Good Energy said
Email This Story
Providence-based non-profit Green Energy Consumers Alliance will provide a significant portion of the voluntary renewable energy from Rhode Island-based projects.
NEW Jobs on RetailEnergyJobs.com:
• NEW! -- Operations Manager - Retail Supplier
• NEW! -- Marketing Associate - Retail Supplier
• NEW! -- Supervisor-Commercial Operations
• NEW! -- Customer Data Specialist
• NEW! -- Director, Regulatory Affairs, Retail Supplier
• NEW! -- Account Manager Project Manager
• NEW! -- Retail Energy Policy Analyst
• NEW! -- Incentive Specialists
• NEW! -- Utility Rates Specialist
• NEW! -- Customer Onboarding Specialist
• NEW! -- Energy Performance Engineer
• Controller for C&I-only Retail Electricity Supplier
• Senior Retail Transportation Analyst (Gas Transport Services)
Copyright 2010-22 Energy Choice Matters. If you wish to share this story, please
email or post the website link; unauthorized copying, retransmission, or republication