Parent of Retail Supplier Seeks License Extensions For Two Nuclear Plants
October 31, 2022
Email This Story
Copyright 2010-21 EnergyChoiceMatters.com
Reporting by Paul Ring • firstname.lastname@example.org
The following story is brought free of charge to readers by EC Infosystems, the exclusive EDI provider of EnergyChoiceMatters.com
Constellation said today it will ask the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to extend the operating licenses of its Clinton and Dresden nuclear power plants in Illinois by an additional 20 years.
If approved by the NRC, Clinton could operate until 2047 and Dresden could operate until 2049 (Unit 2) and 2051 (Unit 3).
Constellation noted that, "Clinton and Dresden, along with three other Illinois plants, receive credits under two state laws that prevented the plants’ early retirement and preserved the clean energy they provide."
"In addition, the federal Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) passed in August includes a nuclear production tax credit that will help support continued operation of the nation’s nuclear fleet for at least nine years," Constellation said
"Market forces and the continuation of supportive energy policies will play an ongoing role in the ability of the plants to operate for the duration of the extended licenses," Constellation said
Email This Story
Constellation expects to file both license applications with the NRC in 2024.
NEW Jobs on RetailEnergyJobs.com:
• NEW! -- Accounting Manager -- Retail Supplier
• NEW! -- Market Operations Analyst -- Retail Supplier
• NEW! -- Sales Development Representative
• NEW! -- Operations Analyst/Manager - Retail Supplier
• NEW! -- Customer Success
• NEW! -- Operations Manager - Retail Supplier
• NEW! -- Marketing Associate - Retail Supplier
• NEW! -- Supervisor-Commercial Operations
• NEW! -- Market Operations Analyst
• NEW! -- Customer Data Specialist
• NEW! -- Director, Regulatory Affairs, Retail Supplier
• NEW! -- Account Manager Project Manager
• NEW! -- Retail Energy Policy Analyst
• NEW! -- Incentive Specialists
• NEW! -- Utility Rates Specialist
• NEW! -- Customer Onboarding Specialist
• NEW! -- Energy Performance Engineer
Copyright 2010-22 Energy Choice Matters. If you wish to share this story, please
email or post the website link; unauthorized copying, retransmission, or republication