CPower Announces New Executive Hires To Extend Distributed Energy Resource Strategy, Includes Retail Market Vets, Former Regulator
March 24, 2021 Email This Story Copyright 2010-21 EnergyChoiceMatters.com
Reporting by Paul Ring • email@example.com
The following story is brought free of charge to readers byEC Infosystems, the exclusive EDI provider of EnergyChoiceMatters.com
CPower Energy Management ("CPower") announced six new executive hires to extend its distributed energy resource (DER) strategy
CPower said that the hires listed below would, "expand the company's expertise in energy storage, electric vehicles and other DERs, as well as help its customers plan for FERC Order 2222 planning and compliance":
• Ben Pickard – Vice President, Corporate Development: Brings more than 15 years of experience in investing, strategy, and new business creation at multiple scales in distributed and renewable energy, utilities, real estate and industrials.
• Darren Hammell – Director, Energy Storage: Specializes in renewable microgrids, distributed generation, electric vehicles and energy storage. Previous co-founder of Princeton Power Systems, advisor and teacher at Princeton University.
CPower said that the hires listed below would, "amplify customer needs and expertise within critical industry verticals that are informing the evolution of electricity markets":
• Ed Toppi – Vice President, Sales Operations: Brings more than 20 years of experience in the electricity industry—from generation to competitive retail supply to distributed energy resources and emerging energy technologies in deregulated markets.
• KC Mares, Director, Industry Strategy – Data Centers: Brings more than 20 years experience helping to design, build and operate the lowest cost and most efficient data centers in 20 countries, and recently led factory engineering and battery production engineering for Tesla.
CPower said that the hires listed below would, "ensure energy user and grid operator alignment with rapidly evolving market and regulatory dynamics that will help shape the future of the grid":
• Kenneth Schisler – Vice President, Regulatory Affairs: Offers executive, regulatory and government affairs experience as Former Chairman of the Maryland Public Services Commission and market development and regulatory affairs executive for EnerNOC, Enel X and Vicinity Energy.
• Nancy Chafetz – Senior Director, Regulatory and Government Affairs – New England: Brings more than 15 years of experience in the regulatory arena, with deep expertise in the New England electricity markets. Served on the leadership team for the New England Power Pool (NEPOOL) from 2017 through 2020 in her role as Head of New England Wholesale Regulatory Policy at Direct Energy.